Sunday, February 22, 2009

Little Sweetie is right!


My sister, Jenny was in town from Idaho with her son, Grady. So we met at our house Sat. morning for bagles and family time. My mom, Jami, Josh, Kierra and Jake all came to hang out and see Jenny and Grady. Grady is getting so big and is almost a year old, Mar.24. He has refused to crawl and is almost walking! We had fun playing with the kids and going for a nice walk in the park. It was a beautiful day and fun to see everyone.
Delcia has a little cold, but seems to be nothing too serious. She actually seems happier than usual the last couple of days. We have gotten accustomed to her crying for a couple of hours every evening since she was born. The last three nights, however, we have been surprised by peace and quiet accompanied by a few smiles. We hope that this trend continues!
The weather was really nice for a few days, resulting in spring fever and motivation to get back in shape. We have been walking almost every day and I am anxious to get back to the gym this week, ("mommy and me" classes).
I recently joined a book club with some of my girlfriends. It has been really fun to have an excuse to read and enjoy a monthly night out with the girls. Our first read was A Thousand Splendid Suns, which I couldn't put down. We are now reading The Shack, which I have not started because I have yet to finish Dreams from My Father by none other than our new president. Movies we watched this week included, "Everything is Illuminated" which we both love for it's quirkiness and emotional depth. Last night we attempted to watch "Sukiyaki Western Django" which I thought was weird and boring so we turned it off after about 1/2 hr and watched "The Rocker" instead, which was actually pretty funny and entertaining. Since we don't have TV, we watch quite a few movies. I think that's about all that's going on around here.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: