Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentines Day

Delcia has learned to smile occasionally, though it doesn't last long (the picture is in transition from smiling to being mad she wasn't being held. So now we've added that to here repertoi of crying and turning red, sleeping, and begrudgingly passing gas. The joys of new parenthood, where you are excited to see poop! On the homefront the weather has been wierd, almost spring like, but we did get a wonderful Utah storm this past week that made for some terrific VDay skiing.
While John was out enjoying the new snow, Delcia and I resumed our regular activities- crying, eating and sleeping. I even got a little nap in myself today, which I'm finding harder and harder to do. As soon as I get her to sleep, I hop in the shower, eat some food, do laundry, dishes and clean up the house. By the time I'm done with all of that she is awake again. Our house is definitely falling through the cracks as far as cleanliness goes, but oh well. Bridger has also noticed a decline in his frequency of walks and belly rubs. Poor guy! Don't feel too sorry for him though- he still helps himself to the trash as soon as he is left home alone. We even bought a new "dog proof" garbage can with a lock on the lid- didn't last one night.
I've been watching my niece Kirra a few days a week. She is so cute and a lot of fun, but also good birth control. Her and Delcia are only 15mo. apart and the two of them together are a lot of work. They keep me very busy. I told John that my goal when I have the two of them is to keep them both safe and happy, anything on top of that is extra- dishes, lunch for myself, etc. It has gotten easier though as I've gotten used to it. And Kirra is so sweet with the baby although she is too young to realize that piling blankets on top of the baby is dangerous and that Delcia doesn't really appreciate the whole fruit basket emptied on top of her in her carseat. Kirra also plucks Delcia's binky right out of her mouth and throws it in the garbage.
Anyways, that is the latest at the Erdmann residence. John has finished his three nights a week of class and is now down to two for 5wks. We are leaving Delcia with my mom Mon. night for our first night out without her. We are sad to leave her, but looking forward to some time away and alone for my birthday dinner and maybe a movie- we'll see how it goes first. We will try to take and post more pictures soon- request from grandma Bev.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: